Thanks for downloading E!
E is a small, fast, general purpose editor. It is copyrighted but you are
hereby granted a limited license to use it free of charge. While I am not
aware of any bugs, I make no guarantees about its trustworthiness, so use it at
your own risk. Feel free to share it with others. I only ask that you
distribute these files together and unchanged and charge nothing for them (a
distribution fee of up to $15 is allowed).
Some of e's features:
- block and line move and delete functions, to/from buffer or another file
- find, replace, replace all
- set tabs, L and R margins, word wrap, autoindent
- set and jump to labels or line number
- shell to DOS, one-key execution of batch files
- DESQview-compatible (run in a window with direct write disabled)
- assembly language (TASM) for speed and compactness, source included
- configuration program included to change defaults
Lines are limited to 80 chars in length. Longer lines in input files are
truncated. Those entered at the terminal are wrapped at 80 characters. Tab
characters encountered as a file is being read in are converted to spaces using
the current tab setting.
I'd like to